- There are currently no related articles.
- There are currently no related case presentations.
- There are currently no related images.
- There are currently no related blog posts.
Best Eye Response. (4)
- No eye opening.
- Eye opening to pain.
- Eye opening to verbal command.
- Eyes open spontaneously.
Best Verbal Response. (5)
- No verbal response
- Incomprehensible sounds.
- Inappropriate words.
Best Motor Response. (6)
- No motor response.
- Extension to pain.
- Flexion to pain.
- Withdrawal from pain.
- Localising pain.
- Obeys Commands.
Note that the phrase 'GCS of 11' is essentially meaningless, and it is important to break the figure down into its components, such as E3V3M5 = GCS 11.
A Coma Score of 13 or higher correlates with a mild brain injury, 9 to 12 is a moderate injury and 8 or less a severe brain injury.
Teasdale G., Jennett B., LANCET (ii) 81-83, 1974.