When the going gets ...

Nicholas Macartney nick at macartney.org
Fri Apr 15 19:42:43 BST 2016

Try all the lights, monitors, bypass machine, defibrillator ( doing cross clamp/defibrillate ) for 45 minutes.
Main operating light had batteries, however.
Since then I have ensured that wherever I worked the lighting had some form of backup.

Hospital - London Chest Hospital.
About 1990.

Nick
Nicholas Macartney