Pancreatic injury. CT

Timothy Hardcastle Hardcastle at ukzn.ac.za
Tue Apr 5 08:37:33 BST 2016

Hi Martha

I do not see a Grade 3 pancreas injury - there is a probable grade 4, the treatment is DRAIN. The peri-hepatic abscess I would therefore pigtail-drain and simply watch the output from the fistulas that seem to be well-controlled for now. I retract my earlier suggestion to do open surgery. I may do a "gastrograffin meal and follow-through" to check distal patency and extent of any bowel leaks.

Regards,
Tim
Dr Timothy Hardcastle
MB,ChB(Stell); M.Med(Chir)(Stell); PhD, FCS(SA), Trauma Surgery(HPCSA)
Head: UKZN Trauma Surgery Training Unit
Deputy Director: IALCH Trauma Service and Trauma ICU
Hardcastle at ukzn.ac.za / timothyhar at ialch.co.za
Mobile +27824681615
Postal: PostNet 27, Private Bag X05, MALVERN, 4055
Durban, South Africa