Injury prevention and community education evaluating success

Timothy Hardcastle Hardcastle at ukzn.ac.za
Thu May 28 13:54:36 BST 2015

Vicky

That is the challenge of prevention – I think the only way to see if the prevention process is working is with a before/after study looking at the injury type under review: e.g. you do a prevention education project on cycle helmets – what happened to the incidence of TBI in the next 3-6 months after cycling incidents.

Regards,
Tim
Dr Timothy Hardcastle
MB,ChB(Stell); M.Med(Chir)(Stell); PhD, FCS(SA), Trauma Surgery(HPCSA)
Head: UKZN Trauma Surgery Training Unit
Deputy Director: IALCH Trauma Service and Trauma ICU
Hardcastle at ukzn.ac.za<mailto:Hardcastle at ukzn.ac.za> / timothyhar at ialch.co.za<mailto:timothyhar at ialch.co.za>
Mobile +27824681615