Prehospital phase

Mike McEvoy mike.mcevoy at gmail.com
Mon May 18 05:01:28 BST 2015

I have seen several cases where Cyanokit has been helpful to patients in
extremis. I fail to see the recent interest is adding the thiosulfate to
this regimen.

Mike:)

On Monday, May 11, 2015, ריבקינד אבי - Rivkind Avi <AviR at hadassah.org.il>
wrote:

> Could people please share their opinions or any data on giving sodium
> thiosulphate 10%, 100 cc through IV, and Cyanokit (made by Merck) 5g also
> via IV in the prehospital phase when distance from hospital is maximum half
> hour? Many thanks.
>

> Avraham Rivkind, M.D.,
> Head, Division of Emergency Medicine
> & Shock Trauma Unit
> Hadassah Medical Center
> P.O.B. 12000
> Jerusalem, Israel, 91120
> Phone: 972-2-6778800
> Fax: 972-2-6449412
>
> Email: avir at hadassah.org.il <javascript:;><
> https://uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/compose?to=avir@hadassah.org.il>?
>
> This Message confirms that this email message has been scanned by
> Hadassah for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses.

Mike McEvoy, PhD, RN, CCRN, NRP
Cardiothoracic Surgery
Albany Medical Center
Albany, New York, USA