Helicopter to the ER

Gross, Ronald Ronald.Gross at baystatehealth.org
Thu May 7 15:19:50 BST 2015

We live in a society that is based on the concepts of capitalism, and
profit-maiking is inherent in this concept.  What is NOT inherent in the
concept is HIGHWAY ROBBERY  and if the cost that this aircraft company
wants to pass on to this patient (or any other, for that matter) is as
reported, then that is exactly what we are seeing.  Again, if this report
is true, in my opinion, this is an embarrassment to the entire system.  It
is just like the exorbitant charges that some Florida Hospitals were and
likely still are charging for their trauma activations.

Ronald I. Gross, MD, FACS
Chief, Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery & Surgical Critical Care
Baystate Medical Center
Associate Professor of Surgery
Tufts University School of Medicine
413-794-4022