Tranexamic acid question

KMATTOX at aol.com KMATTOX at aol.com
Tue Jan 20 15:56:15 GMT 2015

This drug, like its predecessors in its class (Aprotinen, etc.) has been a
drug in search of an indication all of my professional  career.

The TXA studies have been hard to interpret and make a good  conclusion
from.   There have been some problems.

As a result, and because of its low cost, many ERs, EMS, and some surgeons
have joined the band wagon.

I predict that within 5 years TXA will be used ONLY in patients who are
shown and demonstrated to have an ACTIVE  fibrinolysis problem.     Much of
the coagulopathy of  the past was over hydration.

BE CAREFUL  with putting it routinely in the ambulance, helicopter or  the
emergency  room.    NO, Be Very Careful not to  drink the cool aid.

In a message dated 1/20/2015 9:51:37 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jduchesn at tulane.edu writes:

Agree  with Dr Mattox.
Duchesne