A question. Does anyone use scoring systems for amount of hemorrhage seen on CT like we use with AFAST?

Stephen Richey stephen.richey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 20:05:51 GMT 2015

The only use for hemorrhage volume estimates I have seen is in forensic
CT.  It's a time consuming process and I doubt it would have much practical
application in a time sensitive clinical setting.  There are a couple of
good references on the subject using human subjects out of the VIRTOPSY
group in Switzerland.

Feel free to contact me off list if you would like to discuss that aspect
further.