: diaphragmatic repair

Errington Thompson errington at erringtonthompson.com
Fri Aug 28 21:54:15 BST 2015

I think that many people were taught this and I don't think that there is any evidence to support the practice. I have looked and I haven't been able to find anything.

BTW, I guess I should add that I haven't used Ethibond suture in over 20 years. A braided permanent suture seems to always be a bad idea. It seems to be a focus for infection. I know that vast majority of things that are sutured with Ethibond don't form granulomas or get infected, I know that some do. So I stay away from that suture. (I must add, I love the way it feels and handles.)

Errington C. Thompson, MD
Director of Trauma Services
Marshall University