Document request

Greg Chapman chapmgre1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:00:03 BST 2015

So the question at hand is in a open (sucking) chest wound what would work
best.   Some recent data from the military suggests that the application of
a non-vented chest seal (or three sided dressing that has malfunctioned)
can actually do more harm than no care at all.  If you take a simple
pneumothorax and turn it into a tension by placing an occlusive dressing
have we provided good patient care?

Greg Chapman BS.,RRT, REMT-P
Director, Center for Prehospital Medicine
Carolinas Medical Center
Charlotte NC
704-526-7525