Document request

Charles Krin cskrin2 at hughes.net
Fri Aug 14 00:25:01 BST 2015

yep....in an ideal world...

down in the mud and the blood, under what might politely called 'austere
circumstances,' and where the patient is probably not attended by an
advanced provider (PA/DNP or higher), what is the next best technique?
(and yes, I know that many military enlisted medics are educated and
experienced in the placement of chest tubes, as are some of the
Wilderness Medics.) I'm looking for something that can be used in the
field without extensive training, education and constant practice.

the late Dr. McSwain introduced his Dart device around the time I got
out of the air ambulance service and into Med School:
http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/7176990
but that was for the relief of tension pneumo, not for a sucking chest
wound.

Chuck