Medivac

Bjorn, Pret pbjorn at emhs.org
Tue Dec 30 13:05:12 GMT 2014

An EM doc I once worked with was killed in a copter crash in the 80's.  The news reported that he was transporting a patient from the Vineyard to the mainland for treatment of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.  Don't know why the ferry and some doxycycline wouldn't have sufficed, much less why a doc needed to fly along..

There clearly has always been harmful overutilization of civilian air CCT since its inception; but I think things are slowly improving.  And I know that for all the anecdotes and absolutism, there is truly a need, and there are some exemplary models to draw from.

Pret Bjorn
Bangor, ME