Draws, Calls, and ACTION

Richard Wigle MD FACS rlwigle at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 01:22:01 GMT 2012

Too true, when I was training to go to Bosnia we had to report at 0500 to be issued an (empty) firearm each day and then had to turn it in at the end of the day. This in Texas, where every other truck had at least one gun in it. Even when we were on post in active zones our weapons were unloaded and we couldn't cross the gate without clearing our weapons under observation. And once in a while things still happened

I am reminded, however, of an incident years ago where two of our air police were practicing disarming techniques and forgot to unload the weapon prior to the snatch. Things didn't go well.