Alright, , Lets Call it a Draw

Charles S. Krin krin135 at aol.com
Tue Dec 18 13:10:55 GMT 2012

from the Amazon.com write up on the book (which is now on my wish list for Christmas), reference

Alright, Let's Call it a Draw: The Life of John Pryor [Paperback]
  Richard J Pryor       (Author), John P Pryor (Contributor)

Dr. John Pryor never thought he was in any real danger as a combat surgeon. After all, he wasn’t going out on patrols, risking his life dodging IEDs. Unlike the grunts fighting urban combat, he remained safe within the confines of the Combat Support Hospital. So, no one was more surprised than John when a rocket blast claimed his life on Christmas morning, 2008. He was 42 years old. This incredible narrative details the life of a modern-day patriot and humanitarian. Throughout his life Dr. Pryor refused to ignore that inner voice compelling him to serve, both his fellow man and the country he loved. Funny, poignant, powerful, and ultimately tragic, this vivid memoir guides you through a personal and intimate account of Dr. Pryor’s life—from speeding in an ambulance as a teenager, to medical school in Grenada; from operating on trauma victims, to searching the rubble on 9-11 and battling death as combat surgeon in Iraq. Dr. Pryor’s untimely death not only cheated us of his surgical skills and medical knowledge, but the greater life lessons he championed: integrity, honesty, altruism and humanity. Alright, Let’s Call it a Draw is a inspirational narrative meant to salvage these lessons and share them with those he left behind.

Charles S. Krin, DO
Retired FM/EM/EMS Physician; Author and Educator