Alright, , Lets Call it a Draw

Charlene M Morris cvmmorris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 18:20:18 GMT 2012

Respect for death is as important as respect for life. THAT is indeed a
lesson that has been difficult for me. WELL stated, Stephen.

cmm

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Stephen Richey <stephen.richey at gmail.com>wrote:

> Personally, despite a love of 'first person shooter' video games, I find
> the way my father taught me to have respect for guns works quite well.
>
> He took me hunting and the first squirrel I shot did not die right away.
>  He made me pick it up and watch its life ebb away as it lay in my hands.
>  I never forgot that lesson and still find a twinge of hesitation before
> shooting when I am hunting for food.
>
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM, McSwain, Norman E <nmcswai at tulane.edu
> >wrote:
>
> > Personal opinion
> >
> > If we could eliminate all the video games where the good guy shoots the
> > bad guys and there is no consequence except the game is over, we would
> have
> > a major part of the problem under control. Actually there is a
> consequence.
> > The shooter wins the game and gets positive points. If the shooter misses
> > it is negative.
> > Children are now taught it is OK to shot someone. Learn that as a child
> > and practice it as an adult
> >
> > I don't bring this up to restart the argument about gun control. It is
> way
> > out that box in the US so there is no benefit to rehash it again on this
> > site. There are >200 million guns on the street. Removing them is just
> not
> > possible
> >
> >  On the other hand, prevention is our responsibility as trauma people. We
> > must find a way to reprogram the minds of our children that conflict must
> > be solved my discussion not fighting. We taught them to wear seat belts.
> We
> > can teach them to talk not fight.
> >
> > Norman
> >
> > Norman McSwain MD, FACS
> > Professor of Surgery, Tulane University
> > Trauma Director, Spirit of Charity Trauma Center, ILH
> > Medical Director PreHosptial Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
> > 504 988 5111

  "There are three classes of people in the world: those who make things
happen, those who watch things happen, and the vast majority who are not
aware that anything is happening." -- Unknown

**