Medical Helicopters: Worth the Cost, Risk?

Stephen Richey stephen.richey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 01:35:41 BST 2012

I'd like to know Dr. Mattox's thoughts on Dr. McCarthy's quote in that
article:  "The greater Houston area is served by just two level 1
trauma centers for over 5 million people," says Dr. James J. McCarthy,
medical director of the emergency center at Memorial Hermann Hospital
in Houston.

I hope  that was taken out of context making it sound like the urban
area of Houston is the ideal environment for HEMS.....

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM, James Richardson <jimmnn at comcast.net> wrote:
> >From ABC News:
>

> http://tinyurl.com/cgf54cq
>

> Jim<

Stephen Richey
Founder and Chief Researcher/Designer
Kolibri Aviation Safety Research
5174-B Winterberry Circle
Indianapolis, IN 46254
317-985-4740

 "I think the best thing, and the only thing in our infinite
inadequacy in making up for the loss of life, is to say something we
have been able to say in a lot of other accidents to grieving
families.  That is 'Those deaths will not be in vain. We will not let
them be in vain. Every one of those lives will be made to count in
terms of making sure that three, four, five or ten other people do not
die."- John J. Nance