trauma-list Digest, Vol 106, Issue 9

William Bromberg brombwi1 at memorialhealth.com
Mon Apr 16 14:22:06 BST 2012

I've seen a few CT and autopsy studies that indicate that the needles don't get into the pleural space ~60% of the time (at least in the US -- home of the Whopper!)

Bill Bromberg

William J. Bromberg, MD, FACS
Associate Professor of Surgery
Mercer University School of Medicine
Savannah Surgical Group
912 350-7412

>>> John Hall <jrhmdtraum at aol.com> 4/16/2012 8:21 AM >>>
I am seeing more and more people inserting bilateral chest tubes.  Never was taught this and have not seen it written (why better than bilateral needles).   Anybody?

I go for open chest thoracotomy if cardiac rhythm
     A.  Closed chest CPR is proven worthless
     B.  You get benefits of all other maneuvers
     C.  If you are going to save the guy, it is the only way.

Sent from my iPad
John R. Hall, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.C.C.M.
Professor of Surgery

Also,  is it possible for people to "cut" the entire message out when posting ?