trauma-list Digest, Vol 106, Issue 9

John Hall jrhmdtraum at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 13:21:28 BST 2012

I am seeing more and more people inserting bilateral chest tubes.  Never was taught this and have not seen it written (why better than bilateral needles).   Anybody?

I go for open chest thoracotomy if cardiac rhythm
     A.  Closed chest CPR is proven worthless
     B.  You get benefits of all other maneuvers
     C.  If you are going to save the guy, it is the only way.

Sent from my iPad
John R. Hall, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.C.C.M.
Professor of Surgery

Also,  is it possible for people to "cut" the entire message out when posting ?