Emergency Department CT Scanner

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 18:50:03 BST 2012

the problems I had with many of those outfits were getting a: a signed
opinion from them, b: agreement from the staff radiologist who reviewed the
case  later and c: evidence that the tele-radiologist had even reviewed the
clinical  information that I included in the imaging request and my 'wet read'
info.

that may have changed in the four years or so since I retired from active
clinical medicine, but it was a problem across several states and many
facilities to my knowledge before then.

thanks to mentors like Roy G. Clay, Jr MD, and several radiologists whom I
worked with before and during residency, I was comfortable correlating my
findings with the shadows on the film/screen, but it did lead to
some....interesting....times in QI....(and that was even when *I* was the  chief of
QI!).

ck

In a message dated 04/14/12 11:22:18 Central Daylight Time,
cmursic at gmail.com writes:

With the  advent of tele-radiologists for hire, it's a rare hospital that
does not  have (diagnostic) radiologist support 24 hours a day.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the  wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths  outgrabe.