ICU to ICU transfers: what is your policy?

Gross, Ronald Ronald.Gross at baystatehealth.org
Mon Apr 2 11:52:17 BST 2012

I agree completely.
Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: trauma-list-bounces at trauma.org [mailto:trauma-list-bounces at trauma.org] On Behalf Of Krin135 at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 2:53 PM
To: trauma-list at trauma.org
Subject: Re: ICU to ICU transfers: what is your policy?

my take? (bear in mind that while I've got a lot of time in the ICU and ED,
 I am not a trauma surgeon by any means)

A trauma patient who is transferred from a trauma center ICU to a non
trauma center ICU *IS* being transferred to a lower level of care.

If they are still sick enough to still need the ICU, then the trauma
surgeons ain't done with the patient.

ck

In a message dated 04/01/12 13:31:36 Central Daylight Time,