Trauma Performance Improvement

Bryan Boling bryanboling at gmail.com
Sat May 28 01:16:05 BST 2011

Yeah, that's pretty much how we (Level I) handle it now.  We've got a Trauma
Coordinator (RN) and an Injury Prevention Coordinator (RN) who split the
work, but it's really too much work for them so we're looking at a third
person and better ways to do it.  Currently, by the time cases get reviewed,
they're months old.  So, we can change for the future, but not really
catching it in time to help that patient.  Hoping that concurrent review
might be able to fix more problems in the immediate time frame.