Re: categorization of emergency operations

johnbeckham51@yahoo.com johnbeckham51 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 20:06:05 BST 2011

As a paramedic in New Orleans for some time I have the pleasure of knowing some of the doctors on this list and have the highest respect for them. I have a question about RTS, on the trauma.org website there is a RTS calculator. I input values for a stable patient and it gives RTS of 7.  I have been taught and have always been told that 12 is as high as it can be. The same page as the calculator puts the highest RTS as 7.6 or so.
Am I missing something or just not reading it correctly.
   Thank you
John Beckham