Tips & tricks for managing caval and retrohepatic injuries

Jonathan Lundy jlundy1313 at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 02:28:16 BST 2011

I have read this technique...I fixed one last week as part of an extended (stapled) right hepatectomy for grade V injury in setting of young male with bad SDH needing craniotomy and hypotensive...with nonanatomic resection it made retrohepatic cava exposure more ideal.
I also have ligated a right hepatic vein after 15 GSW...superobese female...facilitated by thoracoabdominal exposure.
Lundy