Summary wound cleaning

Ross Hofmeyr wildmedic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 07:50:02 BST 2011

Hi Charles,

There is a nice paper out there on field wound cleaning, comparing
various antiseptics with saline and tap water. As I recall, there was
no statistically significant advantage to any of the above, but
numerically the tap water fared best, and the hypothesis is that
people took more care and time when using plain water. Hence, in the
words of a mentor, "The solution to the pollution is dilution!"

The paper concluded that Wilderness And Tactical Environmental Rinse
with Special Operations Antiseptic Preparation (WATER with SOAP) was
best...

On your second point - I did some experiment in the deep south. I'll
enlighten when you ask ;)

---
Dr Ross Hofmeyr
wildmedic at gmail.com
ross at wildmedix.com
+2784 54 99259

Sent whilst mobile - please excuse errors!