Trauma IV / IO debate

Charles Brault c_brault at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 08:15:40 BST 2011

Can we at least agree that the problem in Trauma Resus
Is not the IV itself but the FLUIDS

IV are actually GOOD things  ;-)
The practice, perhaps, not sufficiently EBM for some, is to put some in all critical patients ! ! !

So no use whipping the wagon for the horses

Some types have a very Black & White optical of medicine/life

They assume that...

If you have a gun

You will kill someone ! ! ? ?

So let those liberal minded Bi-Chromial types understand

That it is not the I.V. that "kills" people

But the fluid (or the wasted time putting them in to the detriment of good quality billard slab time)

It behooves ALL of us to remain clear in our line of discussion

And stick (Pun intended) the real issues

Charles