Observer ship in orthopedics

Sanjay Gupta sanjaygupta99_91 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 22:04:10 GMT 2010

I have been following this thread for sometime now.  I think that this way of
sending a mass e-mail to a bunch of people whom you do not know for a fellowship
or request for being an observer is just inappropriate.  It would be much better
and more appropriate and certainly more useful if you find out the names of
Orthopedic surgeons in the city you would be in (easily found on the Internet)
and either call their offices or send a fax or a letter mentioning your
speciality and interest and letting them know what is it that you would like
to observe and learn and take back to your country.  I think if you can
send such a letter to 3-4 such people, at least one of them would be happy to
show you whatever you want to see.  It does take time to set this up though -
so give them at least 2-3 weeks before the anticipated date of arrival /
starting.
 Sanjay Gupta

(No blackberry or I-phone.Do not care for one either)