Vasopressors in prehospital traumatic arrest

Scott Bricker scottbricker at verizon.net
Wed Dec 1 22:28:15 GMT 2010

I treat them the same:

I stop CPR on transfer to the ED gurney. If no signs of life in the field, I
ultrasound the heart. No motion equals dead, and the resuscitation stops.
Motion on ultrasound or signs of life in the field gets a resuscitative
thoracotomy, and any epinephrine goes into the heart. At my institution, I
have	ZERO control over meds given in the prehospital setting.

FOR ISOLATED OR CONCOMITANT MASSIVE HEAD INJURIES: I treat them per ACLS
protocol.

Scott Bricker, M.D.
Torrance, CA

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless