Trauma outcomes USA

PAUL FROST paulrachel at btopenworld.com
Fri Nov 27 17:59:04 GMT 2009

I would be grateful for some assistance; does anybody have data comparing outcomes from  US trauma ICU's versus non-trauma ICU's (apart from the paper by Duane et al in Journal of Emergencies Trauma and Shock)? I suspect that dedicated trauma ICU's are likely to have better outcomes but I have found it difficult to obtain supportive data.
Also what is the crude mortality rate for all ICU trauma admissions in the US? In NSW Australia it is 11% and I wondered how his compared with the US appreciating of course the likely differences in case mix.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Paul Frost