gastric issue

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 12:16:36 GMT 2009

Errington:

Yes, I do recall that...I apparently missed the bit about the mini
thoracotomy being to place *external* pacer leads on the heart. my bad.

and even if I never had a chance to watch one, I am aware of Kocher's
procedure to reflect the duodenum to the left in order to get better access. I
stopped and looked it up just to make sure that the comment would be
appropriate...but I guess you don't recall Dr. Clay's old joke about asking for  a
particular toothed clamp while doing a choley with Dr.  Oschner...Which
goes to show just how much influence Dr. Oschner had on medical  education in
Louisiana.

and while you didn't specify your relationship to the patient initially, I
also remember how you were willing to dig a bit more on your patients to
get the  best background possible, so I figured that you might have found some
preop  films to compare to the findings on CT. Considering the number of
unilaterally  elevated hemi diaphragms I've seen in the ED in 'virgin'
patients, I was not  willing to assign the blame for the paralyzed muscle to the
operation without  some evidence that it was NOT present preop.

ck

In a message dated 11/6/2009 06:01:32 Central Standard Time,