gastric issue

Errington Thompson errington at erringtonthompson.com
Fri Nov 6 11:59:07 GMT 2009

Chuck -

As you recall, the phrenic nerve lies lateral on the heart. It is very easy
to get it caught up in some sutures while placing external pacer leads. (see
photo)

Also, the Kocher maneuver is where you free up (mobilize) the duodenum from
its posterior attachments.

Finally, I didn't order any of this patient's tests. He is going to another
MD and contacted me for a second opinion.

Errington C. Thompson, MD, FACS, FCCM
Trauma/Critical Care
Talk Show Host - WPEK 880 AM
www.whereistheoutrage.net