Pre-hospital trauma follow up

Ellison Thomas Thomas.Ellison at hcahealthcare.com
Wed Nov 4 18:08:07 GMT 2009

The EMS providers are a part of our Trauma Quality Management and Trauma Multidisciplinary meeting's, each trauma patient is looked at for Quality issues throughout the continuum of care,  pre hospital is one area.
Issues identified are sent to the various Field training Officers for follow up, We talk to Field Training Officers directly: and if we send an e mail then it is encrypted. Typically we use the EMS run number and our registry number for patient ID not names, feedback and loop closure is provided by these officers to the above quality meetings.
We follow various indicators for pre hospital.
I am also a member of the various EMS medical quality committees.

Thomas Ellison RN  Trauma Program Director
Treasure Coast Trauma Center at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
1700 S 23rd Street
Fort Pierce Florida 34950
Phone: 772-467-8233
Cell: 772-579-2446
Fax:772-467-8207
One Team-One Goal-One Life
A Provisional Level II Trauma Center

To download a copy of the 2009 Community Report
please visit www.lawnwoodmed.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed