Pre-hospital trauma follow up

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 15:05:24 GMT 2009

you might want to re evaluate your email policies. most emails (including
AOL) are NOT considered a secure method of communications for identifiable
patient information as required by HIPAA and other privacy laws. Most big
hospitals (Barnes Jewish is the one I'm most familiar with), either have
secured  web sites or Virtual Private Networks that you need to log into, not
only with  your personal id and password, but with a multi digit hexadecimal
code provided  via a key fob that you keep on your person. That code changes
periodically and  automatically.

It's the same reason why you should not send personal financial information
 via email (either body or attachment).

A dedicated fax unit, preferably one with a 'handshake' protocol to confirm
 that you are authorized to send/receive faxes, should be cheaper and still
meet  statutory requirements.

ck

In a message dated 11/4/2009 08:54:38 Central Standard Time,