Hacked e-mail--suggestions

Steve Bixby sbixby at montana.com
Wed Dec 9 16:06:09 GMT 2009

Good luck!!

I think the suggestion to disable your gmail account is a great one.

However, if your computer is still infected, it might take over any new
account you set up.  There are a few free programs that you can try before
doing anything else.  What I've read recommends running scans with all three
of these as each finds different things.

All three are at CNET Download (which is a reputable site--not a bad idea,
since there are "spyware removal" programs that are actually spyware
themselves!)  You can go to http://download.cnet.com/windows/ and search,
download, and run:

Spyware Blaster
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (there is a free version that doesn't do automatic
updates or scans)
Ad-Aware

Hope this helps!
Steve