Intubation post GM seizure: when ?

Forrest Robleto farcpr at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:50:02 BST 2008

Gravity is not JUST a good idea, it's the law.

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Pret Bjorn <p.bjorn at netzero.net> wrote:

> This is silly.  I need to cite references for the effects of gravity on
> secretions?
>
> The treatment for a post ictal patient is to turn him on his side, observe
> him closely, and expect for him to wake up.  Millions of people grow to old
> age with seizure disorders with thanks to this simple advice.  We don't
> train families to tube them, because there is ZERO indication for it.
>
> Nobody is going to be faulted over reasonable and prudent care.
>  Intubation,
> on the other hand, is neither a reasonable nor prudent modality in this
> context, and any consequences arising there from will carry a stiff civil
> penalty and expose the provider as an abject doofus.
>
> Pret

V/R

Forrest Robleto
R House Health & Safety
www.RHouseTraining.com
FRobleto at RhouseTraining.com
609-792-9047
"I teach because I have to. In all the jobs I've had to pay my way through
life, only teaching has (as of today) not left an empty feeling. This is my
calling; and sometimes I feel that I chose to teach as much as teaching
chose me."
Unknown