Two left renal arteries?

Stephen Richey stephen.richey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 22:20:30 BST 2008

Everyone,
I have another question about anatomical variability.  How common is it for
someone to have two renal arteries on the same side?  I know it happens, but
I have never seen it discussed in any of the books I have on anatomy.  I
know I ask a lot of these sorts of questions, but I am still learning and
haven't had that annoying natural curiosity beaten out of me yet.  If anyone
could provide some input on this for me, I would appreciate it.

Also is there any text that lists common anatomical variables for things
like vascular structures, etc?

--
Stephen L. Richey, CRT
Aviation Injury Research Project Leader