summer trauma

Bjorn, Pret pbjorn at emh.org
Tue Jun 24 14:48:23 BST 2008

These last couple of messages capture most of it nicely.

I like the emphasis on intoxication (which is a popular team sport in
the hot months) and various personal seasonal sportcraft, which for
which people develop a drunken delusion of mastery (the HGWT phenomenon:
"Hey Guys, Watch THIS!").

Somebody from the Big City's gonna have to tell me if hot weather
violence is real or a myth.  Here in Maine, violence isn't obviously
seasonal.  We've been getting (relatively) clobbered all year: I think
we're approaching an annual record for homicides already, and suicides
are off the charts.

Interesting topic.  Would love to see your slides when you're done, if
you're not shy about it...

Pret Bjorn, RN
Bangor, ME USA