8th ed of ATLS -? Lactated Ringer?

Lorick Fox, MPAS, PA-C lorick at lorick.org
Tue Jun 17 11:06:10 BST 2008

I thought there was good evidence that using LR for volume was
contraindicated in shock and that IF any crystalloid was to be used, it
should be isotonic or hypertonic saline.  I see ATLS still includes LR as an
acceptable isotonic crystalloid.  As I just got through recommending that we
remove LR from our supplies, I would appreciate being educated.

Lorick

Lorick Fox, MPAS, PA-C
Gianaclis Support Complex
03-448-2335