Chest drain devices

Aruni Sen ARUNI.SEN at new-tr.wales.nhs.uk
Thu Feb 28 08:27:48 GMT 2008

Armed with knife/needle and a strong enough hand, every technique can be dangerous.

If one knows what to do, small size (12Fr) drain inserted over guide wire is LOT less distressing for the patient - and does the job if there is no blood to clot it off.

I am surgically trained so not scared about sharps as the popular belief goes....