Post pneumonectomy

Sanjay Gupta MD sanjaygupta99_91 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 20:37:10 GMT 2008

One of the reasons why the patients with elective
pneumonectomy do better is, that usually the lung that
is resected is already diseased and a large part of
its function (and blood flow) has already been taken
over by the healthy lung.

It would be interesting to see what the thoracic
surgeons on the list think about this.

Sanjay

Sanjay Gupta
Tel: 412 335 6304