CT confirmation of healing spleen

Ronald Gross Rgross at harthosp.org
Wed Feb 20 15:41:56 GMT 2008

I don't know that there is any literature on the effect of high G-forces on the healed spleen.  Having said that, I would send him back to flying and suggest that he refrain from crashing......

:-)

Ron
>>> <gsuywy at pacific.net.sg> 2/20/2008 10:33 AM >>>
Thanks very much to everyone for their input. The only literature I
could find on imaging of the healing spleen is in the pediatric
population. I have attached one of the two that I found that suggests
that ultrasound showing a hyperechoic band represents scar and that
blood or hematoma is hypoechoic.

I gather that most who responded would not get a final CT to check for
healing. What if the patient was a fighter pilot?

Allen