1:1 Blood Resuscitation, Round 2.

Ronald Gross Rgross at harthosp.org
Thu Feb 14 17:04:49 GMT 2008

Let me be the first to say that I am going to continue to use 1:1:1 as it was presented in Spinella, Holcomb et al, and start to collect data to prove to Karim that this IS the proper way to go if we want to decrease morbidity and mortality in these audibly bleeding patients!  ;-)

>>> "Sise, Mike MD" <Sise.Mike at scrippshealth.org> 2/14/2008 9:03 AM >>>
So there is controversy over 1:1. How do we answer the question? Is a randomized trial justified or is it promising enough to just do it? On the one hand, we spent over 40 years using the intellectually attractive "balanced salt solution" lactated ringers without examining its impact. And blood transfusion therapy during the same interval may have been dictated by the technology that allowed fractionated blood banking - we abandoned whole blood. On the other hand, the results of 1:1 appear extremely promising. Pre-treatment Informed consent will be out of the question. Soooo, how about it Ken, Karim, Ron, Tim, all you trauma.org-istas.

Mike Sise
San Diego

"Scripps Information Security"
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged and confidential information and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this e-mail or any of its attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sending individual or entity by e-mail and permanently delete the original e-mail and attachment(s) from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation.