TAC

rwolfer at aol.com rwolfer at aol.com
Wed Aug 20 23:26:37 BST 2008

if no wound vac we use a sandwich of blue towels and ioban and put a large NG between the layers to "suck out' the fluid that is hooked to low continous wall suction. I t works very well
I would not use prolene mesh but if you want mesh would use vicryl as it is absorbable. you just end up with large ventral hernia later.  you could wait until it all granulates and then skin graft the defect. In 6 or so months when the pt is we.. and you can "pick skin graft off underlying tissue" we would remove and repair ventral hernia.
RW