TAC

Ranjith Ellawala ranjithellawala at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 18:25:24 BST 2008

I use ‘opsite sandwitch’ initially for DC. We don’t have vaccum assisted drainage device nor absorbable mesh. but we have  Plastic IV bags.
  1.       Could I use polypropalene mesh safely?
  2.       When do you think the best to change over to mesh if abdomen appears to be too tight for closure?
  3.       Could you use either type of mesh in the presence of wound infection?
  4.       What can you use to cover the mesh temporally?
  Your comments please
  Ranjith Ellawala
  Colombo
  Sri lanka