C-Spine collars.....best for Prehospital use

msmaltini345 at aol.com msmaltini345 at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 14:14:36 BST 2008

I am currently ordering in stock for our station and would like to get
some input as to you recommendations/thoughts on the following:
1) Using the adjustable collars vs rigid non-adjustable
2) On arrival at ED which seems to do the job best.
3) What would you recommend for pre-hospital use?
4) What is used within your service/area and do you feel they are
effective?

WE USE PERFITACE FROM AMBU. 1 SIZE..MUCH EASIER THAN CARRYING MULTIPLE
SIZES

I am currently ordering in stock for our station and would like to get
some input as to you recommendations/thoughts on the following:
1) Using the adjustable collars vs rigid non-adjustable.
2) On arrival at ED which seems to do the job best.
3) What would you recommend for pre-hospital use?
4) What is used within your service/area and do you feel they are
effective?

I do realise that is up to the training, individual preference, space on
vehicles etc etc but your thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards.
Gregory Hillen
FF/USART/SR Para