Trauma call criteria

julie miller jamiller444 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 11:40:09 BST 2008

we have a two-tiered system that works well for us.
trauma alert: ed and surgery senior registrars respond for gcs 9-13 (among other criteria)
trauma call: full response, including above plus consultant surgeon, consultant ed physician, anaesthetics, (but not ortho) triggered by gcs<9, HR>130, BP<90, RR<8 or >30, cyanosis, or neck or torso impalement
Julie Miller
Melborune, Australia