PRO & CON: jet ventilation/needle cric.

Ivan Hronek ivanhronek at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 18:27:39 BST 2008

Question to all: in the trauma bay for patients who are not intubatable for any reason
the setup forjet ventilation to be able to utilize needle cricothyrotomy:
PRO
IS necessary, because any additional method to ventilate is worth the expense...CON
is NOT necessary, as surgical airway such as cricothyrotomy
is more definitive and should be doable just as well...

I wish jet ventilation was available in my institution also because ....

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle
PPlease don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality Notice: This transmission and any attached documents may be confidential and contain information protected by State and Federal Medical Privacy statutes and is legally privileged. They are intended for use only by the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, or an agent of the intended recipient, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, printing, saving, copying, using, or otherwise disseminating any information contained in this transmission. If you received this transmission in error, please accept our apologies and notify me at  ivanhronek at yahoo.comand delete the entire message and its attachments. Thank you. Disclaimer: this message contains the personal views of the author. The author will not be responsible in any way for procedures or approaches perfomed in the way suggested in this note.