Level II sans residents

Bjorn, Pret pbjorn at emh.org
Fri Jun 15 16:03:14 BST 2007

At Point-Counterpoint (Atlantic City), Dr. Paul Dabrowski (Reading, PA)
presented the topic of Level II Verification without residents.  His
program met ACS requirements with a mixture of employed and stipended
community surgeons, plus a small army of extenders.

I'm thinking this accomplishment cannot be unusual, mostly because WE
did it (employed surgeons and a couple of PA's).  But there must be any
number of models out there, and folks in Bangor would like to know more
about what the rest of the world does.

Are you at an ACS Level II center without a residency?  If so, what's
your staffing construct?  Are you paying for coverage?

All experiences and insights appreciated.

Pret Bjorn
Eastern Maine Medical Center
Bangor, ME USA