EMS management/crush injury

pjcabdds at mchsi.com pjcabdds at mchsi.com
Wed Jun 13 23:01:49 BST 2007

Rob,
Thanks for looking at the papers. Quick search and no analysis on my part. For sure, this one patient
didn't won't damage the system. No analysis will and an checked trend will. Outcomes? On of these
days Iowa will have its systems evaluation running well and hopefully the data will provide directions for
the future of the system. Right now, I suppose it's more eminence than evidence. Outcomes are
improved by high volumes, such as hearts, and pancreas, but that doesn't extend to everything.
Outcomes are improved in trauma by systems and preparation. I enjoy your passion about "the
hollering " theory, but I won't embrace it exclusively as the way. At least in Iowa, it needs to be an
inclusive system, with all parts playing a role. BTW, as much as the Utah sentence appears very self
serving, there may be some truth to it.
--
Kind regards,
Phil