Pre-hospital fluid therapy.

Hardcastle, Tim, Dr <tch at sun.ac.za> tch at sun.ac.za
Wed Jun 13 16:58:29 BST 2007

Jose

I do have a concern about this concept in the younger child - under age 6-8, as their physiology IS different. The compensate by progressive tachycardia and maintain SBP till just too late - then drop off over the waterfall and DIE on you!

For adolescents or adults I agree completely

Tim
Dr T C Hardcastle
M.B.,Ch.B.(Stell); M.Med(Chir); FCS(SA)
Senior Surgeon / Senior Lecturer: Surgery (Trauma and ICU)
ATLS  instructor and DSTC Cape Town Course Director
Intern program Coordinator: Surgery
M.Med (Emergency Medicine) Executive Committee member
Clinical Head (Director): Diana Princess of Wales Trauma Unit
Division of Surgery (General) Room 4064
Department of Surgical Sciences
Tygerberg Hospital / University of Stellenbosch
PO Box 19063
Tygerberg 7505
Western Cape
South Africa