Shocking Images

Karim Brohi karim at trauma.org
Sat Mar 25 00:07:05 GMT 2006

I have to agree with Bill, and I would add that from a pure educational point of view, the use of a 'shock' image usually means that
your next 3-5 slides are not taken in at all as people digest the gore they have just seen.  And there have been studies that show
that teenagers are not deterred by the gore images (witness the success of gore image sites).  More effective are images/stroies of
permanent disability, colostomy bags, quadriplegia etc.

There is no gratuitous gore on the Truama.org imagebank (I don't think) and I reject images every week that have no educational
value and are just plain gross.

My 0.02c to add to Bill's 0.02c :-)

Karim